Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Workspace Swithcher

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
Have you looked at system/preferences/system settings/look and feel/desktop.

Hi Tom

No, I don,t have that, nearest I get is appearance.( 8.04 (must sort that) and
2.22.3.)

Something is funny as it was working.

But thanks

Peter L-J

Have you successfully changed the names at all?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, so it may have changed in between, but if I right click on the desktop switcher and select Preferences I get a Window appear which allows me to change the number of virtual desktops.

I can also double click on the desktop names (Desk 1, Desk 2) to change their names. There is also an option which can be enabled to show the Desktop names in the switcher.

I haven't got a machine running Ubuntu 8.04 to hand but it may be similar.

Rob