Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Workspace Swithcher

Rob Beard wrote:

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, so it may have changed in between, but if I right click on the desktop switcher and select Preferences I get a Window appear which allows me to change the number of virtual desktops.

I can also double click on the desktop names (Desk 1, Desk 2) to change their names. There is also an option which can be enabled to show the Desktop names in the switcher.

I haven't got a machine running Ubuntu 8.04 to hand but it may be similar.

If I go to the desktop switcher in 9.10, I get a dialog with the number
of columns and rows, but nothing else.  Nothing else, that is, unless I
turn off visual effects using system->preferences->appearance->visual
effects, at which point I can change the desktop names.  If I then
enable visual effects again, all the desktop names revert to their old
values.

At least, that's what it appeared to be doing before I got bored and
decided to live with it.

James