Re: [LUG] Problems with Ubuntu 9.10

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 07:57:19AM +0000, T Brownen wrote:
> Hello Henry
> I to have had it with Ubuntu
> it is worth trying PCLinuxOS
> It is stable has every thing UBU has.

Thanks but I will eventually move her to Debian: I just need to spend
some time working out how to keep her windows partition and not lose the
thing if I hit grub2 again

Anyway have updated Ubuntu 9.04 -> 9.10 only problems with the actual
upgrade were as follows:

- Machine halted because it could not recognise fstab settings, froze
  and asked if I wanted the emergency shell command line

  Solution was to enter the following

  mount -o remount,rw /
  sudo vim /etc/fstab
  # out the new hard-drive settings (sda1)
  Close the command line

  Very simple (!): the problem was that under 9.10 the new hard-drive
  was listed as sdb not sda

- Network manager is not recognising the static ip. That I can't be
  bothered to solve today

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.