Re: [LUG] Another Linux toy to hack?

On 21/11/2009 23:45, Michael Mortimore wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:47:53 -0000, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Having a look through the file system, it appears it has modules for USB Serial devices including Belkin ones (using Belkin_sa.ko). I'm just wondering how else this thing can be expanded (such as adding Samba file shares and various file system support).
I suppose to a certain extent that depends on what hardware it has. seen anything to suggest what processor/ram/storage it has?

As far as I know it's a Broadcom chip (presumably some system on a chip) which is MIPS compatible (the Kernel is a MIPS kernel). Not sure about RAM and storage, I'm guessing it has some sort of low capacity internal flash. The SquashFS image is about 38MB, so I'm assuming there might be about 64MB of flash in there.

I did find a cifs module on one of the player firmwares, so maybe it is possible to mount shares via Samba.

Rob