[LUG] Another Linux toy to hack?

Hi folks,

Further to my post about that Hisense Media Player which was running Linux (can't remember if it was on here or the DC Hardware mailing list), I have found something else that might be interesting to play with...

A Bluray player which runs Linux:

http://www.momitsu.com/bdp_899_spec.html

According to what I have read, Aldi are selling these re badged as Tevion. I gather they are around the £119 mark.

I've downloaded the firmware and had a snoop around. It comes as a rar file and contains a Linux kernel and a squashfs file system which I've also been looking around in.

I've e-mailed the company to ask if they have sources available (it uses the Linux kernel and Busybox). I'm not sure if I'll get a response or not (in which case if I don't, my next question is how to report it as a GPL violation?), but I am tempted to get one of these to have a play.

Having a look through the file system, it appears it has modules for USB Serial devices including Belkin ones (using Belkin_sa.ko). I'm just wondering how else this thing can be expanded (such as adding Samba file shares and various file system support).

Rob