Re: [LUG] OT- Cheap Laptop + ARM netbooks

Max Siegieda wrote:
I think I should clarify this, for me the only uses for a netbook would be work at school and watching videos which require long battery lifetimes. A regular netbook only hits one of these requirements properly as generally the keyboards are small as are the displays (couldn't play high quality video either, too CPU intensive), that is why I had planned my own low power-ish laptop that fit all of those requirements perfectly. Monitor would be perfect for videos, I have some nice full size keyboards around I could use and the battery life with the £650 of packs would be about 28 hours.

Of course if someone could point me to a 720p monitor that is still reasonably large and uses less than 19W it'd be appreciated.

Have you seen that Asus have released a new netbook with a dual core Atom and ION chipset?

Should handle 720p no problem, and possibly 1080p.

Rob