[LUG] Wave, Ubu 9.10 and APT-Cacher-NG

Has Google Wave crashed on the beach and soaked into the sand?

Ubu 9.10 - got it on 4 machines as Xubu, 2 Ubu's and a 64bit Ubu.
Quietly impressed. I have a 1.7G athlon machine that always had a PCI fault reported at the start of kernel load and that's gone. It now plays BBC flash at full screen quite happily (over 512kBB) so I'll be able to watch the highlights of Englands thrashing in the rugby this afternoon when I get back from Holsworthy Carnival without having to download first! My only complaints are - cant get the screensaver working on the Xubu machine and I cant get the latest NGSpice to compile though that may be NGSpice...

I mentioned Apt-Cacher-NG a while back and its been running happily on my Viglen box and in upgrading that and the other three machines saved some 1.5GByte in downloading packages. If you have more than one machine its worth setting it up just to see how fast an upgrade is when you're getting the packages from a machine on the same network. Well worth doing in an office environment too.

Tom te tom te tom