Re: [LUG] Firefox updates

Simon Waters wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
Take it you're either running Firefox on Windows/Mac or you've installed
it separately to your distro's installed version of Firefox?

The mistake is installing updates just when the user wishes to start
using the program, this is the absolutely worst time from the users
perspective.
Doesn't do that for me with Firefox which is bundled with Ubuntu, it's all done through apt-get or Update Manager, although I must admit, Firefox does throw a wobbly if I don't close Firefox before installing updated Firefox packages.

On Windows, I find that the updates download in the background and as you say, when the browser restarts it prompts to do the update. Personally I'd rather it do it then rather than when closing Firefox or shutting down (as when I'm closing Firefox or shutting down, it's generally when I want to turn the PC off or stop using Firefox and the last thing I want is to hang on an extra minute or two while it installs an update!).

Rob