Re: [LUG] drupal and mysql

james kilty wrote:
Hello

I am wanting to learn how to use Drupal (I am still working through the
manual and have not yet installed it) and opened phpmyadmin - it won't
let me in: #1045 - Access denied for user 'james'@'localhost' ...
Password Yes

Thinking this might be a password problem (I may have messed up my
installation of mysql some time ago) I reset the password for mysql but
nothing has changed (I followed mysql help instructions which seem to
have been accepted). Any advice would be appreciated.
Have you got MySqlAdministrator (its the easist way one you can log in to the server) iether way log in as root first - and then make sure user james has all the permissions required - ie login @ localhost!
Tom te tom te tom