[LUG] drupal and mysql

Hello

I am wanting to learn how to use Drupal (I am still working through the
manual and have not yet installed it) and opened phpmyadmin - it won't
let me in: #1045 - Access denied for user 'james'@'localhost' ...
Password Yes

Thinking this might be a password problem (I may have messed up my
installation of mysql some time ago) I reset the password for mysql but
nothing has changed (I followed mysql help instructions which seem to
have been accepted). Any advice would be appreciated.

Re Drupal - Ubuntu 8.04 has Drupal5 available. Is this a good choice for
the moment or should I upgrade and see if Drupal6 is available in 9.10?

Many thanks

James
--
james kilty