Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

> Hi, i am a plusnet user, on the fastest connection, 8mb all the time, only
> give you 15 gig a month but you can download all you want from midnight till
> 8 in the morning. Great for downloading if you have a newsgroup account.  I
> have downloaded nearly 220 gig in a month and they have never queried. My TB
> hdd is looking a bit sorry for itself atm. :) be careful they do count
> upload as download in to 15 gig.
> Check there agreements, there is no fair usage policy as far as i can see
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Dave

I used to be a plusnet subscriber - they put me in the "sin bin" in my
second month and then throttled the hell out of the connection with
little provocation for the rest of the contract.  Tbh I've been
through PlusNet, Virgin, Tiscali and now heading to TalkTalk.  I just
wish that Pipex hadn't lost the plot, they were great right up till
they wanted to offer me "rewards" and their website went from a basic
black/blue/white slightly geeky look to one of those puke inducing
advert fests full of grinning twats and opinions on wine.  Whoever is
responsible will be killed if I'm ever made dictator.

Pipex - Became a monster, and then I moved address, thinking I'd try
something new.
PlusNet - Strangled me.
Virgin - Cancelled after 30 days as the QOS was abysmal.  Daily
disconnects, verrrry slow, unreliable.
Tiscali - Just as dreadful as Virgin as it worked out, but seemed OK
for a month.