Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

tom wrote:
Terry Hill wrote:
Sorry to trawl this old gem up again, but I'm moving in a couple of
weeks and it's time to sort the broadband out.

I've been with Tiscali for the last couple of years, and they're fine
until you have a problem, then they become worse than useless.  The
support is overseas and the support people read off a crib sheet of
some sort, seemingly with only a cursory knowledge of what they are
doing.

So who do you use at the moment, whats the support like and have you
found the holy grail of an unlimited connection without paying a
fortune?

Right now I'm considering heading to BT, although their unlimited
package is quite expensive imo...

I had to change recently and the cheapest I could find for my genitalia shrinking 512k/6Gig allowance was Namesco. However I've since seen a 3G one for cheaper which would ba a good way of avoiding the 50p tax etc...
Tom te tom te tom

Which is okay assuming you can get good reception (I can't unfortunately at home, but on pre-pay I find my Vodafone modem comes in handy occasionally).

By the way, Terry, what exchange are you on?

If you enter your phone number in here we'd be able to better advise (you may be lucky and have the option of maybe taking an LLU service)...

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

Rob