Re: [LUG] as400 unix

>> hi does anyone one have an AS400 or know of an AS400 emulator that can run
>> on windows or linux? (have got a copy of AIX unix and want to play with
>> it!!!)

Gosh are they still around?  My first proper IT job was as a sysop for
one of those in hmm ..1986..

All I can remember is using "CL" to do the day to day stuff (WRKSPLF)
and occasionally write RPG/400 in a horrid compiler where you had to
put the right bits in the right columns and "respect" the program
cycle.  Oh, and sit late every evening to change tapes while playing
dodgy shareware games during the godawful backup "hour".

That and trying to get an engineering plant full of blokes that would
rather use a pencil stub to learn to use a crashy 40 unit network of
twinax terminals.  The birth of many a BOFH the 80's must have been.