Re: [LUG] Firefox and The Guardian

Simon Robert wrote:

> So I now have kububtu karmic beta, but this makes no difference to this
> problem!
>
> So I guess there is a .something directory that needs deleting!
>
> Yup I do know about the delete cookies stuff in ff, just a pain to have
> to do it every time though.

Possibly just the prefs.js file for Firefox.

I had an issue recently where Auto-detect was on causing page load
issues which I eventually tracked down by diff'ing the prefs.js to an
account that worked.

https://www.debian-administration.org/users/simonw/weblog/350

Be systematic and it should only take a few minutes to figure out if it
is reproducible.

i.e.

Does it do it in safe mode? If not, check if any plug-ins affect this.

If so, try a new profile. If still a problem in new profile it is a
software issue, or an account one, not a firefox configuration one.

If profile okay diff prefs.js and ignore plugin entries. Doing this I
found the relevant entry by inspection of the diff, and a little
thinking "could this be relevant?".

 Simon