Re: [LUG] Firefox and The Guardian

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 12:28 +0100, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:03:46AM +0100, Simon Robert wrote:
> > I'm using firefox 3.5 on kubuntu, The Guardian is my home page. The
> > problem is that when I open it I get a message saying the page is being
> > directed in a way that cannot be resolved. I can solve this by deleting
> > a cookie called GU_MI, there are up to seven copies of this cookie which
> > I guess all refer to each other thus causing the problem?
> >
> > Where does ff keep cookies? Where could I put a script to delete them
> > during boot up? I've done a search on GU_MI, but it obviously isn't
> > stored under this name.

This is not a problem on other machines, even the laptop which also has
kbuntu.

I had to do a reinstall on this machine as I was dumb enough to install
the gnome desktop controller (so I could change the way evolution, my
e-mail app of choice, reacted to things). Not a major probelm as all is
backed up and it's just a matter of reinstallings apps that arn't native
to kubuntu.

So I now have kububtu karmic beta, but this makes no difference to this
problem!

So I guess there is a .something directory that needs deleting!

Yup I do know about the delete cookies stuff in ff, just a pain to have
to do it every time though.

Simon