Re: [LUG] Old Server and Disks - free to a good home

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

I dont need the case to take 100s of drives but it'll do while the server is
still small
"Come over tomorow night and fight for it :)"  - Alrighty, i'll charge the
car battery powered knuckle dusters, should give me an edge :P

Heh... I'm afraid that since Ed got in first and he wants both boxes then it's his... In the slim event he really doesn't want it, I'll let you know....

Ed, I hope you know what you're getting :)

I'll re-iterate the specs - it's ~10 years old, a dual CPU Xeon/P3 @ 500Mhz board with 512MB of RAM. It has on-board IDE and SCSI - 2 x 4GB IDE drives (UDMA 33!) and a box with 8 x 18GB SCSI drives in it.

I powered up the main box earlier and I lied - it's not got Lenny on it, it's got Sarge. The disks are arranged as a set of mirrored partitions. Also the motherboard CMOS battery may need replacing.

However the box and PSUs are good and sturdy.

Now about that box of 80-way IDE cables I have ...

I do have a large selction if other SCSI and IDE drives too... but I'll need to sort through them and wipe them first...

Gordon