[LUG] Old Server and Disks - free to a good home

Or even a bad one!

I have a rather old server box - it's 6-U and made from heavy gauge steel. It's a sort of double decker affair with room for 4 drives at the bottom and more on top. There are 2 x 4GB IDE drives in it. There are also 4 x 18GB half height 3.5" SCSI drives. Theres don't have proper mountings.

The (Asus) motherboard is an Intel Xeon, dual processor 500MHz. I think there is 512MB of RAM on-board. It's also dual PSU.

This is the case:

  http://www.acme-technology.co.uk/acm826.htm

Additionally, I have an external SCSI array - 8 x 18GB drives arranged as 2 chains of 4 drives each. (They're half height 3'5" jobbies). It's all in a 4-U case with dual PSUs. Heavy steel again and the drives are vertically mounted in swappable caddys.

It was another Acme unit, but I don't think they do them anymore.

I can install Debian on it & demonstrate it running if anyone cares...

It's a good room heater, but a bit noisy...

Gordon

Ps. Yes, Acme - don't laugh... Well, do laugh, but they've been importing/making PC/Server cases since I first started to use them - in the mid 90's! Very solid kit and you can still buy the replacement PSUs for them.