Re: [LUG] Diagnostic apps was openstreetmap

tom wrote:
Its looking like there's a problem with one of my PC's though I'm not really sure what. It works fine 99.9999% of the time - and then send duff packets to this web site! Not that it works well on any other machine...
on linux boot theres one PCI error ...
Theres also a very occasional problem in firefox where some JPG's are shown cym and not rgb (or vice versa).
Anyone know of any systems tests programs in linux?
Tom te tom te tom

Off the top of my head, you could try Memtest86+ (version 4 is on the latest System Rescue CD) although it is also available as a small ISO/floppy image.

You can get it from here: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

That will test your memory, run it for a couple of passes.

There is also MPrime for Linux (a port of Prime95) which works out prime numbers and does stress testing on the CPU. I use it on Windows for stress testing. AFAIK it checks the CPU and memory. You don't need to create an account (at least on the Windows version) and it can stress test the CPU.

Other than that, not sure, you could try hard drive diagnostics from the drive manufacturers. Not sure about network card testing applications though.

Rob