Re: [LUG] openstreetmap

Neil Stone wrote:

> New router methinks..

Sounds a bit extreme.

More likely something in the setup causing connections to be opened more
often than usual or a configurable parameter or similar.

Eavesdropping with tcpdump on my own connection to the site does create
a lot of TCP sessions as you scroll about, in my case a 3 second drag
created a dozen or so TCP connections.

My guess the routers configured to be mean about connections to help
keep rogue boxes under control.

Also at this sort of rate the browser limits in older browsers might be
causing unnecessary delays in contacting the server.

Seems crazy to me to make so many connections, but then I haven't tried
creating a real time scrolling map like this (well I have but not over
the Internet) so I'm not throwing any stones yet.