Re: [LUG] demand five

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 19:17 +0100, Michael Mortimore wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:24:24 +0100, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > My wife's ergo laptop has given up the ghost re sound so she wants to
> > use mine.
> You can get a USB soundcard pretty cheap or usb speakers less cheap.
I did not realise that - many thanks. I'll have a word with Penzance
computers and have a look in Pixmania or other e-shops.

> I've just successfully watched an episode of mr men on it so it's
> certainly possible in linux. I have kubuntu jaunty and flash 10. Perhaps
> try upgrading to flash 10 or maybe upgrade your browser?
I have never added anything not in the current repository! My 64bit
machine asked for flash 10. I could try with the laptop which did not
prompt for an upgrade. I will have a go as there is a deb package for
8.04+.

Thanks

--
james kilty