Re: [LUG] demand five

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:24:24 +0100, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello

My wife's ergo laptop has given up the ghost re sound so she wants to
use mine.
You can get a USB soundcard pretty cheap or usb speakers less cheap.

I apologise if this has been discussed before. I seem to be able to get
the demos at demand five but not the streaming video. Firefox seems to
have the flash plugin for 9.0.246 and df only asks for .115. It tries to
download - very little shows on the system monitor/network history - the
screen shows a message saying "buffering" then gives up after a while
with the message

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error"
faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent
type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error
#2032"]. URL:
http://demand.five.tv/Handlers/FlashEpisode.ashx?baseName=C5148790002&seed=1642109091";]
messageId="FE2189BA-B31B-3DC8-21A8-444463CDD8AB" type="fault"
bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Is it possible to view this with kubuntu 8.04?

I've just successfully watched an episode of mr men on it so it's certainly possible in linux. I have kubuntu jaunty and flash 10. Perhaps try upgrading to flash 10 or maybe upgrade your browser?