Re: [LUG] 10th Anniversary party (idea at the moment)

Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

I was thinking earlier, since this October it's going to be 10 years
since the LUG was launched, I wondered if it would be a good idea to
have a party (and an excuse to drink lots of beer).  I've sent out a
couple of e-mails about getting a custom Tux cake made at a local
bakery, but I wondered if we arranged something (at the moment I'm
thinking in Paignton) if there would be any interest?

A couple of ideas chucked around included possibly doing a join Ubuntu
release party and LUG party (I know not everyone is a fan of Ubuntu) but
I was thinking we might be able to get some local media coverage and
give out some CDs (and Linux branded fairy cakes) :-)

As I say, it's just a thought at the moment.  Maybe we could possibly
look at doing two parties, one for Devon and one for Cornwall to make it
a bit more accessible?

What does everyone think?

Ta,

Rob

Sorry, as I was at the meeting saturday I did say that I  am up for
this, (hence lack of reply) just depends on when / where it is,   i
think sunday 18th is the closest to the first lug message on the archive.

Can you organise something,  we can do it at the shoreline but they may
not like us bringing in our own food, as they sell food.

thanks

Paul
I'm sure they wouldn't mind us bringing in fairy cakes.

Rob