Re: [LUG] Hauppauge Tv Card DVB-T woes

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 19:28 +0100, kevin wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 00:53 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> > kevin wrote:

> Copying this to ~user/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine/dvb-t/uk_Caradonhill
> then selecting this in Kaffeine's DVB Configure DVB menu
> then Select your new tuning file from the DVB Channels menu
> and It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> all apart from BBC channels?
> Don't know why yet but more possibly after 30 Sept.
> Re-tune for more after then!
> Regards
>
> Kevin Lucas
> Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
> Po House, Minions,
> Liskeard Cornwall
> PL14 5LE
> 01579363386

not very helpful, but if my TV card goes belly up I do a reinstall which
will pick up the latest module. Maybe it's my technical limitations but
imho a backup and reinstall is much easier than making  modules and then
rebuilding the kernel (or can it be lsmod'd in to the kernel - never to
sure).

Doesn't the kaffeine autoscan work? Have you tried using your working
file as a basis for an autoscan.

For gnome users the only app that does this is me-tv, which has rubbish
support for radio, this was sort of intentional as the developer had
never considered radio, maybe they don't have DVB radio in Oz?

I think these two apps are the only ones that don't need a pre made scan
file.

Simon