Re: [LUG] Hauppauge Tv Card DVB-T woes

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 15:53 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> kevin wrote:
> > Hi all can any one help with this situation with my DVB-T card?
> >
> > In August it worked fine ( has been for 18months)
> > Aug 12 I lost BBC1 the first to move to the new Digital
> > In Sept I lost the lot?
> >
> > So I Emailed Hauppauge whit the problem and the Details ie
> >
> > lsmod comes up with the module
> >
> > tveeprom 17233 1 saa7134
> >
> > and got this reply
> >
> > "Hello
> >
> > Do you have a windows system that you can install the card into and then
> > download out latest windows software (WinTV 7 CD 1.2)
> > "
> > Don't you just love techies focused on the OS and not the product?
> >

> Well technically they don't support Linux, so I guess they're trying to
> determine if it is the product or not.
> > anyway I said I can build a Win Xp machine and check it out and
> > unexpectedly he replied
> > "The tuner can use either 2k or 8k modulation but the driver may need to
> > be re-built / compiled
> > "
> > regarding a Conversation with an Arqiva Transmitter engineer who said
> > the new system uses 8k modulation now instead of 2k
> >
> > Has any one already compiled successfully a "new dirver" I presume it
> > refers to the module saa7134?
> > Or is it in a newer kernel than mine
> >
> > 2.6.25.10-47.fc8
> >
> I'm pretty certain that the driver should support it.  At least the scan
> file used by the the dvb-tools scan application supports 8K.
>
> Rob

An update on my TV card
I have set up a WinXp pc
and after a few sticky moments with .Net, Sound, and Decoders I have 66
channels and a working TV!

So where do i go for the kernel modules?

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386