Re: [LUG] More ADSL modem/router woes

Steph Foster wrote:
One thing bugs me still , I am still on Virgin on 50 Mbps and its great for downloading a Linux iso but often when browsing websites such as
Sky News, BBC, Virgins home site and many others the page speed is poor
Thats the sites that are runing slow - you could have 100Terahz and it wont improve the download times - that's what's so pointless about this thing - I've just had a couple of old geezers what live in town and have 8Meg BB and they though I had too and were surprised when I told em it was 1/2meg. BB is like the M25 - no matter what the bandwidth is you aint getting there any quicker!

I see very little difference than I used to when getting 4 Mbps from Bloody Terrible ( thats my nickname for BT , lol)

Any body got any ideas ?

Be patient and refuse unneeded data - try turning images off on the BBC site - these news is the same but arrives a lot faster. Ensure flashblock is on all your machines. And try and work out what is the point in being able to download an ISO ten times faster than you can install it.
Steph