Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

Richard Brown wrote:
Hi Simon

2009/9/22 Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I guess everyone else on this list should have ADSL since there isn't much
cable in Devon. What modems/routers do you use? How well do they work for
you? Any debugging tips?

I enjoyed the rant! I have used Netgear DG834 without and with G for
years and have had no problems. For any wireless work I nearly always
use WHR-HP-G54 and load it up with Open WRT.
<http://openwrt.org/>

I'm not sure what other devices it can be used on.
Actually there are quite a few devices it will work with. I use DD-WRT now on a Linksys WRT54GS, and also on a Linksys wireless access point (which has very limited memory but works fine for wireless access). I know a few Buffalo routers are supported and I believe some Netgears have support too.

Not tried it on an ADSL router though. I wasn't brave enough to kill my Netgear.

Rob