Re: [LUG] OT: Vinnie Pukh / Винни Пух / Winnie the Pooh

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 18:03 +0100, tom wrote:
> Simon Robert wrote:
> > There was a program on Radio 4 last week about the Soviet Russian Winnie
> > the Pooh. Apparently the books weren't so much translated as re-told.
> > And then eventually made into cartoons using very famous actors doing
> > the voices and a top composer doing the music.
> >
> > Whatever, they are brilliant and knock the tail off of the Disney
> > version!
> >

> I'm afraid my bowel movements knock the tail off the Disney version - I
> have to wear a mental straitjacket when reading the disney WTP books  to
> my children they are as close to AA Milne as  satan is and makes me
> wonder why they paid for the right to abuse the genre.
> > Apparently you can walk up to any Russian of a certain generation, say
> > Винни Пух and they will start singing the Винни Пух song. He was a huge
> > hit, very few Russians even know he's really an Anglieski bear!
> >

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcIiwmclfvw
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qam9JBk5Oig&feature=related
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uIn56G1YE&feature=related
> >

> > Unfortunately they can't legally be shown as the USSR took no notice of
> > western copyright legislation. Just a shame that there only seem to be
> > the three episodes on the net.
> >
> I think my comment above covers it - what copyright are they breaching
> they neither threaten AAMilnes concept of WTP or Disneys.
> Thanks for the links tho - anyone know how to download them permanently?
> Tom te tom te tom

make a link/bookmark in the "bookmarks" toolbar of firefox, call it "Get
Youtube" or similar, rightclick and paste the stuff below into the
"location" box. Then when you have the youtube thing you want running
click it. It will be downloaded to whereever your default downloads go
as "video.mp4".

The guy who did the translations had it on his page and I just needed to
drag it into position, but I can't find the page again.

javascript:if(document.location.href.match(/http:\/\/[a-zA-Z\.]*youtube
\.com
\/watch/)){document.location.href='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt='+(isHDAvailable?'22':'18')+'&video_id='+swfArgs['video_id']+'&t='+swfArgs['t']}