Re: [LUG] OT: Vinnie Pukh / Винни Пух / Winnie the Pooh

Simon Robert wrote:
There was a program on Radio 4 last week about the Soviet Russian Winnie
the Pooh. Apparently the books weren't so much translated as re-told.
And then eventually made into cartoons using very famous actors doing
the voices and a top composer doing the music.

Whatever, they are brilliant and knock the tail off of the Disney
version!

I'm afraid my bowel movements knock the tail off the Disney version - I have to wear a mental straitjacket when reading the disney WTP books to my children they are as close to AA Milne as satan is and makes me wonder why they paid for the right to abuse the genre.
Apparently you can walk up to any Russian of a certain generation, say
Винни Пух and they will start singing the Винни Пух song. He was a huge
hit, very few Russians even know he's really an Anglieski bear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcIiwmclfvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qam9JBk5Oig&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uIn56G1YE&feature=related

Unfortunately they can't legally be shown as the USSR took no notice of
western copyright legislation. Just a shame that there only seem to be
the three episodes on the net.
I think my comment above covers it - what copyright are they breaching they neither threaten AAMilnes concept of WTP or Disneys.
Thanks for the links tho - anyone know how to download them permanently?
Tom te tom te tom