[LUG] 3G Signal Strength Indicator?

Hi all,

I know some of you have 3G dongles with various mobile providers, and
now I do too!  I've managed to get the bloomin' thing working but it's
kinda annoying that I have no way of seeing the signal strength easily
- I could always use the AT commands to query the device, but if anyone
 knows of a GUI strength indicator app, that'd be really handy. :)
 Applet, widget or standard app - all are good.

Cheers.
Grant. :)