[LUG] Further to my Ubuntu upgrade

Ok, I thought everything had gone nicely, but I was mistaken.

Now, when I boot the default kernel (2.6.28-15-generic), it appears to
simply halt during the initrd on the line
"somethingorother /scripts/init-premount" if the powercord is not
plugged in.  If I boot with the powercord attached, it starts up
without any hitches.

Having a look inside the initrd, all I can see
under /scripts/init-premount are two scripts: "blacklist" and "udev".

It's not vital, but it is rather annoying that I have to have the
powercord handy in order to boot.

Grant.