Re: [LUG] Pigeon beats ISP for data transfer...

Simon Waters wrote:
James Fidell wrote:
You can bet that at least one of the pigeons would knock itself out by
flying into the sliding window, too.

Pigeons do other forms of packet loss too.

I'm guessing you can always wash USB sticks down if they have a little
dead pigeon, or pigeon exhaust products on them.

The BoingBoing article summed it up nicely by calculating the number of
64Gb SD RAM sticks a pigeon can carry.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/10/pigeons-are-faster-t.html

I make that ~1.6Gbps which you won't get over ADSL, but can be done over
fibre fairly easily these days.

Although I can't help thinking using postal mail might be easier all round.

But remember you cant eat a lost ethernet packet!
And Pratchets clacks loose on noise and looking like windmills!
Tom te tom te tom