Re: [LUG] Pigeon beats ISP for data transfer...

James Fidell wrote:

> You can bet that at least one of the pigeons would knock itself out by
> flying into the sliding window, too.

Pigeons do other forms of packet loss too.

I'm guessing you can always wash USB sticks down if they have a little
dead pigeon, or pigeon exhaust products on them.

The BoingBoing article summed it up nicely by calculating the number of
64Gb SD RAM sticks a pigeon can carry.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/10/pigeons-are-faster-t.html

I make that ~1.6Gbps which you won't get over ADSL, but can be done over
fibre fairly easily these days.

Although I can't help thinking using postal mail might be easier all round.