Re: [LUG] More Microsoft FUD doing the rounds in US stores

tom wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

Just seen this on The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/09/ms_linux_pitch/

It appears that Microsoft is sending out fud to stores in the US saying that most people want Windows.

It's kind of interesting reading, and I guess it would prepare us for what might come over here to the likes of PC World etc in the future.

And at the same time, they're giving away (er, selling!) patents to protect the Linux (and other) worlds...

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/09/08/213217

Bonkers!
I think they might have though some patent trolls would have bought them up so still causing trouble to Linux while looking whiter that white themselves - otherwise they would have given them straight to OIN!
Tom te tom te tom

OIN bought the patents from AST who in turn bought them from Microsoft.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/08/microsoft_sgi_patents_oin/

Rob