Re: [LUG] double your money for a kernel upgrade

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, tom wrote:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1532636/new-linux-kernal-speeds-desktop

What's slow right now is the number of sites that are web2.0 heavy - ie. running a shed-load of javascript in my browser. Even firefox 3.5 is struggling on some sites on my 1.6GHz Atom desktop - the really irritating thing is that it's dual HT core and firefox isn't multi-threaded, so one slow site crowbars the entire browser.

I've started to use google chrome for javascript intensive sites - it's stupidly fast compared for ff3.5!

Google are now producing .deb's for Chrome too - still mightilly unstable, but it's working for me!

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_dev.html?dl=unstable_i386_deb

Gordon