Re: [LUG] OT- Freesat-Internet

Neil Tancock wrote:
> Hi all,  does anyone have any advice on mobile broadband?
>
> I've been using 3G and while it's ok sometimes it's really not fast or
> reliable enough.  I'm guessing my next step is mobile satellite broadband?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Neil

Hi Neil,

Doing a quick Google search came up with this...
http://www.brownstoneit.com/products/satellite/mobile_broadband_satellite.asp

I presume though you're not going to be driving a van with a dish on the
top? :-)

What mobile provider do you use?

I use Vodafone on a PAYG dongle, I find that in big towns I get fairly
good reception (3G, occasionally HSDPA) but outside of the town it can
drop down to GPRS (I can't get any signal where I live but I'm in a bad
area for mobile reception).

Maybe you could look at getting a couple of free SIM cards for the
different providers and trying some of the PAYG options and see if any
of these offer better speeds.

Rob