Re: [LUG] Plymouth possible citybus sale and linux

John Hansen wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
>
>> Just had a look at the TV and saw the following
>>
>>      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/devon/8181884.stm
>>
>>      About 100 people have protested against Plymouth City Council's
>>      plans to sell off council-owned bus firm CityBus.
>>
>> Just after seeing that I came across the following website
>>

>> http://knol.google.com/k/ruben-rubio-rey/howto-migrate-to-linux/2zt8z36uq2soj/2
>>

>> - Given that DCC has about 6,000 computers and Torbay has about 1,700
>>   computers, I would guess that Plymouth has probably about 2,000
>>   computers
>> - Depending on the financial model chosen, IF Plymouth switched over to
>>   OpenSource then they could expect savings of between £100,000 and
>>   £1.2m a year
>>
>> Anyone in Plymouth want to ask some pointed questions? (Examples of
>> bureaucracies that have switched to opensource include: Bristol City
>> Govenrment, French Gendarmarie, German Foreign Ministry, French
>> Parliament)
>>

> A letter to the editors of the various local papers such as Western
> Morning News and Herald might prove useful in this matter.
>
> John

hi all,this may be off topic but i went on the the downing street
petition website to check if there were any  petitions to do with this
subject,and was suprised to see there was not any.
i would gladly put in a petition for local government to to use
opensource,but would be glad of any advice as to the content of the
petition.there may be a petition already but i could not find it.
alex the not so noob.