[LUG] Plymouth possible citybus sale and linux

Just had a look at the TV and saw the following

        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/devon/8181884.stm

        About 100 people have protested against Plymouth City Council's
        plans to sell off council-owned bus firm CityBus.

Just after seeing that I came across the following website

http://knol.google.com/k/ruben-rubio-rey/howto-migrate-to-linux/2zt8z36uq2soj/2

- Given that DCC has about 6,000 computers and Torbay has about 1,700
  computers, I would guess that Plymouth has probably about 2,000
  computers
- Depending on the financial model chosen, IF Plymouth switched over to
  OpenSource then they could expect savings of between £100,000 and
  £1.2m a year

Anyone in Plymouth want to ask some pointed questions? (Examples of
bureaucracies that have switched to opensource include: Bristol City
Govenrment, French Gendarmarie, German Foreign Ministry, French
Parliament)

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.