Re: [LUG] waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, whitover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> My isp (ITSOS in Barnstaple) has just
>> informed me that they will no
>> longer be providing BB services and cutting me off at end
>> of month!
>> Whos good round here?

> BT Total Broadband option 3 works well for me. A bit pricey but they are
> the people who are responsible for the lines.

Actually, they're not - or are not supposed to be.

BT is a huge and complex beast with each department supposed to be
separate from each other. BT Openreach looks after the wires and
equipment, BT Retail does broadband and phones, and Openreach are supposed
to treat them just like any other BT reseller of BT Wholesale products.

I stil reckon you're better off sticking to BT retail for phones though,
but some of their bundled phone + broadband packages do look attractive,
but remember BT's role is to satisfy their shareholders...

Gordon