Re: [LUG] waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, whitover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> BT is a huge and complex beast with each department supposed to be
> separate from each other. BT Openreach looks after the wires and
> equipment, BT Retail does broadband and phones, and Openreach are supposed
> to treat them just like any other BT reseller of BT Wholesale products.
>
> I stil reckon you're better off sticking to BT retail for phones though,
> but some of their bundled phone + broadband packages do look attractive,
> but remember BT's role is to satisfy their shareholders...
>
> Gordon

Referring to the last sentence,  exactly. Which I why I stay well clear
of BT.

I still find it hard to believe that this country has its phone network
run by a private company. Crazy.

Which probably explains why we are so far behind most other western
European countries for broadband speeds.

Just to help Tom, have a look at

  http://www.dslzoneuk.net/

Might help you.

Neil