Re: [LUG] spoofing an IP address

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:57:15 +0100, Simon Robert
<simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to fake an IP address to make it look like I'm located in North
> America.

Depends on how commited you are. You could rent a linux virtual machine
 from a US supplier then do some magic to route your traffic through that
virtual machine. Perhaps you could put squid on the VM then use
firefox+foxyproxy so that all your traffic to the ebook site goes through
the VM and the rest of your traffic just goes out as normal. (Presuming
that the ebook doesn't visit the store like ipod does).

I guess you should find other reasons to want to rent a VM too, otherwise
it's a rather expensive way to do it.