Re: [LUG] CloneZilla

Dave Foxcroft wrote:
> I'm involved with setting up a couple of  school networks at the mo' so
> I will certainly take a look at it for Windows 7 as this is where they
> will be going in the not too distant future - more strings to the bow
> etc - thanks for reminding me Clonezilla existed.
>
> BTW - I did try to get them to go for Linux but they aren't interested -
> all the *usual* reasons quoted and cost doesn't come into it with
> academic licences  approx £50 for MS server 2008 and £2.50 per CAL -
> they spend more than that on toner!
>
> Dave

Yep you can't really compete with that can you, I mean with all the
techies out there who know Windows and the limited amount of techies who
know Linux, it's an easy choice for them to make, frustrating as it is!

When I get some free time I'll have a play with cloning Windows 7 RC
(remember folks, get your ISOs from Microsoft now as they're stopping
the download in the next few days, although you will still be able to
get CD keys for a while yet).  I was going to actually buy a copy for
the wife's PC*, but Microsoft have put the pre-order price up to £80
from £50.  Where's the incentive in pre-ordering now?!?  I would have
done if I'd save £30, but if I can pre-order at the same price as it'll
be when it comes out in October then I'd probably be just as easy to buy
a copy when it comes out in October.

Rob

* I am sticking with Ubuntu on my machine, it's just the wife is one of
those stubborn types who doesn't like anything other than XP, hey she
doesn't even like Vista either!