[LUG] CloneZilla

Hi folks,

For a while now I've been trying to find a free (as in freedom) app
which would be able to transfer something like Windows XP from one drive
to another so I could upgrade the hard drive without having to
completely reinstall Windows.

I've used PartImage for backing up partitions and discs but never really
got it to restore to a bigger disk properly.

Anyway, I had a bit of a play with CloneZilla tonight when upgrading the
wife's PC and it's great!

I managed to clone her old 200GB hard drive on to a nice new 500GB hard
drive (both SATA drives) and about an hour later it's all done, and
Windows boots without any problems.

That's just gone and saved me a few quid on Ghost.

Even better is the fact you can clone drives from machine to machine
over a network.  I'll have to have a go with Vista next, that should be
interesting, I wonder if it'll clone from a physical PC to a Virtual
Machine?

Anyway, thought it might be useful for some of you folks who still have
to do stuff on Windows machines.

Rob