Re: [LUG] What does the GPL mean to you?

kevin wrote:

> I have my small business accounting system written in php which I would
> love to give to the world but I feel it is not up to scratch standards
> wise ( needs css-ing and form validation etc..)

If in doubt I'd try releasing it. You need a thick skin, but at worst no
one looks at it, at best someone else will do that for you, and probably
somewhere in between you learn how you should have written it.

Just be sure to remove anything sensitive...

> and once released a
> "real" programmer could do just what the last line says "MS Embrace,
> Extend, and Extinguish"

They can't extinguish it if it is GPL'ed.