Re: [LUG] MS or Google could hold patient data

Neil Williams wrote:

> Patients easily lose their own medication, prescriptions, appointment
> cards and even specimen pots - why would a USB stick be any less liable
> to be left / stolen / dropped / misplaced? Even if you embedded the
> thing in their arm/leg, it'd go missing.

On the upside if they have a arm or leg missing the treatment regime is
fairly obvious, and if they die because the antibiotics disagreed with
them, no one will be able to blame the doctor (or pharmacist ;-).

Probably best to insert inside the cranium, as if they lose their head
things aren't looking too promising, perhaps they can pop it in when
inserting the search engine interface.

Just not looking forward to when my records go over 8GB, I mean how many
whole body NMR scans can you get on a USB stick?

The proposal isn't without merit, you could sync it up at your GPs and
hospital and the GP would keep a back-up. But one of the benefits of
networks records is data for research.

I think the bigger problem with commodity storage media will be when
folks think, I'll just overwrite it with these documents from work, and
crash their car on the way home, or the hospital find it is full of porn
whilst trying to figure out why you are unconscious.