Re: [LUG] MS or Google could hold patient data

Paul Sutton wrote:

Y'know, this may be simplistic but; what's wrong with deciding on a
universal format of the records and giving each patient their own
records on a USB stick?  Needn't cost the government a penny - just tell
patients they can buy a USB stick with their records on it[1].  That way
we achieve two goals;

a) The government can't lose your records because they *don't have them*
b) If this 'private companies' idea goes ahead you can switch between
companies without worrying if the old one still has your data.

Oh and nobody can hack your records since there's no central database to
pilfer.

Very very simplistic, no doubt with holes you can drive an 18 wheeler
through, but I think a concept worth looking at.

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] Could even MAKE the NHS money if they pitch the cost just right.