Re: [LUG] 0870 numbers ...

Martinus Scriblerus wrote:
> 2009/7/2 Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> However - http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/ is still a good place to get
>> alternatives.
>
> There is some misleading information for the organisation I work for.
> We use an IN to distribute calls to various centres around the country
> to reduce queuing. There are a series of numbers quoted to allegedly
> get through to the office for different areas. Probably just some poor
> so and so whose direct line number has leaked out, and most likely
> somebody who has their own job to do.

If the number you want people to use doesn't start with 08 then I can
appreciate your pain. However, if it does start 08 then I'm afraid
that's what you get. I wouldn't mind 08 numbers if mobile phone
companies would let you use free time on them again, but they don't, so
I will not call them. saynoto0870.co.uk was great the other day when I
had to call Virgin Media. There was a Plymouth number, and they still
maintain it, but only for an automated message which gives out an 0845
number and hangs up, which is a little telling. Fortunately there's a
number for the head office or main switchboard or something. I just wish
they'd get the message that not everyone has a landline.

Anyone know if these new 03 numbers will use free minutes on mobiles or not?