Re: [LUG] spoofing an IP address

2009/7/4 Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
First off, I don't want to do anything nefarious or illegal. All I want
to do is pay my own money to buy some products.

I have a sony e-reader. In the states e-reader owners are connected to
the sony e-book shop, which has loads of titles at OK prices. In the UK
the official partner is Waterstones, which has much less choice at much
worse prices and a web site designed so that it is not always obvious if
one is buying an e-book or a print version.

I am a very retro person.

Today I started up Spotify (a great app and works under wine with
minimal tweaking) so I could listen to Quark, Strangeness and Charm by
Hawkwind. Amongst the tracks served up by Spotify were jazz semi
acoustic versions of various Hawkwind numbers by The Buddha Lounge
Ensemble, The Jumping Buddha Band etc...

Following through I find I can only buy stuff by these groups if I live
in the USA. So hence my question.

I have windows 7 on virtualbox. Is there any way I can make it appear to
websites that I'm based in the USA? As said before I don't want to do
anything bad, I just want to spend money....

Why not just buy CD's from the states and then make sound files (whatever you can put on the e-reader, I'm not familiar with it) to copy over?