Re: [LUG] Acer Aspire One - cheak on ebuyer..

<4A4B17F1.9000506@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4A4B1D99.2030506@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:26:01 +0100, dave wrote:
> I paid ?220 for mine a while ago. It is a nice machine. Runs Ubuntu just
> fine. The 120Gb disk was really 150Gb.
>
> Handy notes here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne but mostly
> works with a vanilla install. Shame about the junk they ship it with
> though. It is bound to put people off.

Much and all as I am opposed to uniformity and the "one distro to rule them
all" mindset... I do wish the netbook producers would have looked around a
bit more at the various distros that they could have used.  Sure, a vanilla
Ubuntu/Debian system may not have been ideal, but surely it would have made
a better base than "Linpus" or whatever it's called.  It really is an
off-putting thing for many people.

Grant.