Re: [LUG] DDR1 memory between 200 and 400mhz, 1GB sticks needed

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

I've examined the possibilty of CF card before, however too many are
required for a decently sized array with any speed at all (think £2000
controllers for enough ports to fit enough cards to get decent speeds). USB
drives are also not an option, since they put a relatively high amount of
load on the host's CPU in order to work, and they still require large
amounts of drives for decent speed.

Problem with the server is that it is still limited to a maximum of 125MB/s,
even on gigabit ethernet. Now bear in mind overhead and that I dont have
gigabit ethernet, only 100mbit. Server is too slow to use all the time.

Other than gaming, which I assume is all completely local to the PC, what are you doing that warrants the speed you're after? (for a home PC)

Gordon