[LUG] nostalgia aint what it used to be -was etiquette

Gordon Henderson wrote:
>   173000 Load address ... Run ...

flipping flipping big switches to load in the code to load the boot code
from a cassette tape on an ICL machine used by 20 engineers or so. Line
printers that could throw fanfold ten feet in the air when printing
things that no-one ever read ... the precursor of office software I
guess. The only air conditioning in the building was in the machine room
- I could do with a machine room right now!
Managers who could manage...or was that just an hallucination like job
satisfaction? No, job satisfaction was allowed then...
Tom te tom te tom